The Aviation is a classic cocktail made with gin, maraschino liqueur, crème de violette, and lemon juice. Some recipes omit the crème de violette and this recipe replaces it with Lavender simple syrup.
- 100ml gin
- 50ml lemon juice
- 10 maraschino cherries (equivalent to 20ml)
- 30ml Lavender simple syrup
- maraschino cherry and lemon zest, to garnish
- Macerated maraschino cherries with lemon juice then add Lavender simple syrup and mix in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour the gin over the mixture add a handful of ice and shake.
- Strain into 4 cocktail glasses.
- Taste, then add a splash of chilled soda water to dilute, if you like.
- Garnish with maraschino cherry and lemon zest.