Like the espresso highball this drink leans on the fact that coffee pairs remarkably well with other flavours. The orange in Marmalade Simple Syrup is a perfect match for fresh espresso. Adding egg white’s gives this breakfast cocktail a lift as egg white’s effortless ability to make a cocktail or mocktail better. This is a fine way to start a Sunday brunch.
- 50 ml Marmalade simple syrup
- 50 ml shot of espresso coffee (cooled)
- 100 ml water (option to replace with gin)
- 25ml cider vinegar
- 75 ml lemon juice
- 75 ml orange juice
- 1 egg white
- Measure Marmalade Simple Syrup, Coffee, Cider vinegar and Water into a jug and stir to mix.
- Add orange & lemon juice with a good handful of ice to the jug
- Stir the mixture until the outside of the jug feels cold
- Add egg white and pulse the mixture with a stick blender for a few seconds until it froths up.
- Pour the mixture into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with an orange twist and coffee bean
- Makes 2 generous glasses