The Gimlet is a classic sweet and sour cocktail served in a traditional a cocktail coup glass which is similar in shape to a martini glass but smaller with a shorter stem. Because this cocktail is so simple its all about the quality of the syrup and gin. The cocktail shaker filled with crushed ice quickly chills the beverage.
- 30 ml marmalade simple syrup
- 45 ml of the best quality gin you can afford
- Small martini glass
- Cocktail shaker
- Fill cocktail shaker with crushed ice.
- Add 1 shot (30 ml) of syrup and 1 ½ shots (45ml) of gin
- Shake well until cold then strain into a chilled coup glass
- Garnish with a thick orange round sliced into the centre to hook over rim
- Serve and enjoy
Option 1: To strong- add a splash of soda water and orange slices
Option 2: Too sweet- add 2-3 drops of orange bitters or splash of Aperol to cocktail shaker.