Do you love a classic cocktail as much as we do? Then you are in for a treat. This pre-Prohibition cocktail, born amongst serious oak panelling of the Bellevue-Stratford Hotel in Philadelphia was enjoyed by great writers such as poet W.B. Yeats. This pretty pink cocktail is adored by gin lovers round the world so improving on a classic did seem a little daunting but rest assured adding bergamot simple syrup to the mix sweetens raspberry flavours and brightens the lemon tang. Get ready to enjoy this well balanced creamy gin cocktail.
- 30ml good quality London Dry gin (Bombay Sapphire)
- 30ml dry vermouth (Dolin)
- 30ml fresh lemon juice
- 30ml bergamot simple syrup
- 8 fresh raspberries (3 to garnish)
- 1 egg white
- 3-4 ice blocks
- Muddle 4-5 raspberries and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker
- Add all the ingredients and dry shake (without ice)
- Add ice and shake for a second time.
- Double Strain into a chilled cocktail coupe glass.
- Spear your remaining 3 raspberries on a cocktail pick, and perch over the lips of the glass.