Not all gins pass muster even though their label talks a big game or the price tag indicates botanical fireworks. Now there are many gins that I think make an exceptional G&T – with Tanqueray being my one of my favourites. For Dry July we have decided to go rogue and use premium non alcoholic ingredients to make a classic. Because this is the ultimate challenge for a mocktail to replace a classic G & T lets do this with nothing more than 3 ingredients and my favourite herb – rosemary. And to put the final twist to this classic lets dirty it up martini style.
- 20 ml Juniper Simple Syrup
- 10 ml Sandhurst Pitted Green Olive brine
- 150 ml CAPI Dry Tonic Water
- Bruise a rosemary sprig (to release its oils)
Get everything ice cold (martini style) by placing your glass in the freezer the tonic and jar of olives in the coldest part of the fridge.
- Pour the frisky tonic into a frosty Collins glass
- Add the olive brine and juniper syrup
- Mix ingredients with a spoon
- Add 3-4 ice blocks
- Garnish with rosemary sprig
- Kick back and enjoy as many as you like because you can
Oh yeah this will give the Four Pillars Olive Leaf Gin a run for their money…after all they taste similar to me but our version is a much cheaper alternative lol