Spreading the cocktail love
This cocktail is perfect for a night of wining and dining or just a casual drink. When we think of rum what typically comes to mind is a slightly sweet taste and somewhat dry. Made from sugar cane rum loses some of its sweetness in the distilling process which is why we are left with those dry notes, which gives us plenty of scope to add sweetness and botanical flavours we love into our rum cocktail.
If you are a dedicated gin drinker like me it’s never too late to start appreciating this versatile mixer to make a delicious cocktail. We have created an easy rum recipe below to satisfy those with a taste for easy drinking summer cocktails.
Rosemary Rum Cocktail Recipe
- 45 ml Bacardi Carta Blanca (White) Rum
- 15 ml Peach Schnapps Liquor
- 15 ml Rosemary simple syrup
- 15 ml Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (10) pineapple chunks (plus more for garnish)
- Add pineapple chunks lemon juice to cocktail shaker
- Muddle (macerate) the pineapple and lemon juice into into pulp
- Pour in the peach liquor and rosemary simple syrup and rum
- Add 3 ice blocks
- Wet Shake 30 seconds
- Strain into a glass
- Use pineapple wedge (fresh or dried) and rosemary sprigs to garnish glass